Monday, December 13, 2010

Tree Decorating

Children STYLE: (verb): putting decorations all over the tree anywhere they please. Even if the tree is lopsided and decorations are not on top (where they can't reach) or bottom ( just didn't think about bending down).

I do not choose to decorated the Christmas tree. In the beginning of having kids I tried to decorate the tree just the way I wanted it, but that turned into sadness and frown faces so now I give that privilege to the kids. With Christmas music blaring and Santa hats on. We get the tree done with a whole lot of fun and dancing.







Oh so there is no arguing the whole evening Brian puts the star on the top of the tree. We forget who did it each year. Lost track of the order. So easy enough Daddy gets to do it.

2 comments:

ToRi and cReW said...

Love it! Yeah I have learned to tree can no longer look "perfect". But I guess when kids decorate it, it is a different kind of "perfect"!

Lori said...

Isn't this just SO the way it is. We decorated ours last night and there were times when I had to just look the other way. Ashlyn thinks it's okay to put multiple ornaments on the same branch ... so we had branches that were meant to be waste high that were practically touching the floor from the weight of all the ornaments. =)

Your tree looks lovely by the way. Rest assured that your kids do a MUCH better job than mine.