Monday, April 19, 2010

The CaKe and PaRtY

Ahoy there Mateys! We had a pirate party. This is the only picture I got of all the pirates. I know sad. I can't take pictures and be party mommy. OK I was too involved and spaced the camera. We made our own treasure maps, went on a treasure hunt to find our pirate scrubs, hit candy out of a pinata, ate pizza and cupcakes.

Preston is always surprised when he opens presents.
For weeks all he wanted was a monster truck remote control. He loves monster trucks. Two days before his birthday Wesley got a watch and so then that is all he wanted. He told everyone he wanted a watch. He was fine with getting a remote control truck from us, but when Grandma Nee and Grandpa's present came in the mail which was a game he could only say, "I wanted a watch. I only want a watch. Can I have a watch." We called Grandma to say thank you for the present and Preston said it again to her. KIDS?

For a pirate party you have got to have a chest full of treasure!


Preston couldn't wait to eat all the treats.

3 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Happy Birthday Preston! Nanette, that cake is amazing!!

Dustin and Kristin said...

Wow, Nanette the cake looks awesome. You are such a wonderfuly mom.

Jessica said...

I always love your birthday cakes and posts. You are my inspiration for a good birthday mommy.