Thursday, July 30, 2009

Surprise!!!

I was 33 weeks pregnant and on Tuesday July 21 I got the shock of my life. My water broke. I was making dinner when it happened. I went to the hospital to check it out and they made me stay for observation. I stayed in there for three days bored out of my mind. The food this time around was awful. The goal was to stay pregnant until 34 weeks which was on Sunday July 26. This wasn't going to happen. On Friday July 24 the baby arrived at 7:42a.m.
Annie LaVean Madsen
Annie weighed 4lbs 10 oz

After a quick look they took Annie to the NICU

After evaluation she was a very healthy girl. Just really small.
They put her on Oxygen, and a feeding tube.

Brian's hand just comparing size.

Annie loves to hold your hand.

Stable and doing well!

Mommy got to hold Annie for the first time

Isn't she beautiful!

Proud Daddy is really worried and nervous to hold Annie.

Just hanging out all wired up.

The kids came to visit me. They are not allowed in the NICU. The only way they could see what Annie looked like was through pictures.

Preston all over the bed. He is going to have the hardest time with the new addition.

The loves of my life!

Every moment is so precious to me.

Daddy's little girl.

Annie was under the lights she had a little jaundice. Look at her very high fashioned glasses. She got off of the oxygen today!


Annie's first bottle feeding.
Just the little things that you take for granted.

First Burping. She let out a good one.

Our little Annie is here and we love her!

20 comments:

Judy and Jason said...

OH MY GOODNESS.... Annie is beautiful. I am so glad she is doing well. What a surprise!!
Mother and daughter look great!
Congratulations!!
Take care and talk to you soon!
Judy

Suzann said...

Oh wow! She is such a beautiful baby!! Congratulations!! That is so crazy and scary! I'm thinking of you guys!

sinika said...

Oh Nans! What a little sweetheart! Such a fun surprise. Hope you and baby Annie are feeling great.

Suzy said...

Congratulations. I have been there and with about the exact same story. The NICU can be hard, but it looks like she is progressing fast. Hope she can come home soon!

Sharee said...

Congrats Cousin! Glad she's doing okay!

ToRi and cReW said...

She is gorgeous and looks just like Rylee.
Scary story--I am glad that everything turned out ok. She looks like she is doing good--her cheeks are plumper in the last pic than when she was born.
Congrats! You have a beautiful family!!

Aloha said...

How fun.Congrats She is #151 for Grandma Mortimer!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I heard from Judy about your new arrival. She is such a sweetie! Our youngest, Sylvia, just turned one. You'll be surprised at how quickly Annie will grow! Good luck to you and your family.

Stacy Spendlove

~JL~ said...

Congrats! She is a cutie! Hope all is well with your family!

Lee and Annette said...

Wow! What an amazing story! I'm so glad that everything worked out ok! On the bright side, and knowing that little Annie is doing well, isn't it nice that you didn't have to deal with being pregnant during those last 6 weeks in the dreaded Vegas heat! You look amazing, and so does little Annie. What a sweetheart. Congratulations! Love you guys.

(By the way, this is Jessica. I'm logged in as my mother-in-law at the moment.)

Hendrickson said...

She is so beautiful. It reminds me of Dylan being in the NICU. She looks great though. Love you guys very much.
Love, Stacey

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh she is so adorable! She looks so much like you guys! Congrats, I hope all is going well!

Marci said...

Wow, what an adventure! She is beautiful! She'll fit in nicely with your family! Congratulations!

Tracy said...

I am sooo glad that Annie and you are fine. She is so beatiful, just like her mom and sis. I can't wait to see her. Love you guys

Tracy said...

I am sooo glad that Annie and you are fine. She is so beatiful, just like her mom and sis. I can't wait to see her. Love you guys

Matt Tanner said...

Looks like fun, I am glad everything is working out your all healthy and happy, Boy Brians Hands must have grown he looks like a monster. you can tell she is yours she looks like the rest of the crew. Were hoping Delora will hang on for the duration.

Madsen Family said...

I love these new pictures! She is so beautiful! I can't wait to hold my little Annie! Her quilt is almost done, I hope you like it as much as I do :) Love you! and Bri looks soooo skinny! He looks awesome!

Stacey said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful! I'm sure that was pretty scary having her so early! I'm glad that you are both doing well!! Take care!

MiStY said...

Congratulations Nanners & Family! Thank you for letting us know! She is beautiful and so are you. That water breaking business is for the birds, but I'm glad everything is going okay now and hopefully you'll get to take her home soon. I'm so happy for you and I hope you'll keep us posted. Take Care

Dustin and Kristin said...

The Pictures are so cute. I hope you can bring her home soon. Love ya Sis.